Monday, December 31, 2012

Quick Update :)









Hi guys!
So I thought now would be a good time to do a catch up post. Get you fine people updated on everything from my personal life to the blog and the changes that just took place.
First off and most important: Girlz of Faith. I did decide to end www.girlzoffaith.com. Girlz of Faith was a ministry God put on my heart due to my desire to stay pure and save my all for my future hubby. I had just entered high school and saw for the first time how that goal of mine was not normal or very heard of by m,any of my peers. I wanted to at least get my thoughts out there and give these young girls the chance to make that choice too. The website took off and was very blessed. I made some great relationships and connections, had the opportunity to interview many people that I looked up to, and was able to cover and attend events I never would of thought possible at my young age. This past summer as I approached my senior year I sensed the beginning of the end of a season. Academically, personally....and I just thought it appropriate and the right time to make the change that I had been thinking and praying about with the site. Ending www.girlzoffaith.com and starting www.torigracelife.com. Tori Grace Life is the same concept as Girlz of Faith. It's still a blog and I'm still the author. It's just less about one topic and more like my journal. Tori Grace Life is a blog where I will post literally about anything concerning my life right now. My hopes for this new blog is for young women to be able to relate to these posts. Embarrassing moments, mile stones, new Spiritual realizations and ways God has declared His unconditional love for me, health finds, beauty secrets, music, and more...welcome to this new season!
Secondly, a personal update :) As I mentioned above, when girlz of faith started I was just starting freshman year, and had moved to a new state. I didn't blog a whole lot about what was going on personally. That is the biggest change I've made concerning the blog. I'm young and God is always opening my eyes to something new every morning. Sometimes it's painful, sometimes its beautiful. I want to share these things.
Now that I've started Tori Grace Life four years later, I'm a senior and moving back to my hometown in a week!
A while ago, yet most recently, I had prom, worked a lot at my restaurant job, visited close sisters in Christ down in FL, went to seaworld, and have been growing a lot as a person as I'm exposed to more of this fallen world.
We lost our rental house last May due to financial difficulty, but God has used it for good. At this point I look back on my short life full of twists and turns, and I don't completely understand all the tests God allowed to enter my life, yet I see the positive and crucial lessons I learned from them. I don't know why my life has taken certain turns, yet God has allowed me to recognize that only my Heavenly Father could have constructed those turns, and for His purpose and glory. I am overjoyed at the thought of my life being in my Lord's hands and in His control, especially with all the decisions approaching with college in the future. I would not be able to have confidence, patients, or clarity with this next season of my life if I didn't have God guiding each and every footstep and paving a path just for me. Why I'm on the topic of college, could you see me as a prenatal nutritionist? :)
Anyways, since May we have been living with extended family, and it's not the easiest thing in the world. I know it could be worst. However now we are weeks away from moving back into our own home! So quick summary, I'm a senior excited to graduate and thinking about majoring in neonatal nutrition and minoring in organizational communications but still praying about where, and I'm learning who I am in God, what my passions are and how to show love to the lost. I'm living each day sustained by His grace, and I want you to come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment