Monday, December 31, 2012

More Than Imaginable




Through worship, scripture, and just alone time with my Heavenly Father God has been teaching me two main things.

  • The frist being that He can not only answer my prayers, but He can do far more than even imaginable for my human mind to wrap around. "Now to Him WHO IS ABLE TO DO IMMEASURABLY MORE THAN ALL WE ASK OR IMAGINE according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ througout all generations forever and ever." Eph. 3:20-21 My family is going through a lot at the moment, I'll spare you the details, but this verse hit home for me concerning my current circumstances. 
  • The second is that God has already completed the greatest and only thing that matters (that I don't even deserve): SALVATION! He has defeated the grave and has given me true FREEDOM! 
These things were refreshing realizations in the midst of all my desires, prayer requests, and "needs" during this not so easy season of life. Instead of spending all my time in prayer asking God for this and asking Him to take care of that, I'm learning to thank Him more during set aside prayer time, and in each moment. Moments of joy, of pleasure, enjoying someone's company, blessing someone else, beautiful scenery, moments of rich worship, etc. As contradictory as it may sound, I use to be a tad depressed in moments of happiness. I knew that as soon as the amazing moment passed, I would still have to face all these trials around me. My heart was in a very wrong place! My heart and mind are so much more thankful when instead of focusing on all my temporary, earlthy needs each day, I'm instead at comfort knowing He has already taken care of what really matters. Everything else is in His hands. True happiness is found in our Lord. "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble." Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment