Monday, December 31, 2012

Guest Post: Insecurity by live31



Check out this awesome guest blog post by the Live31 guys!

What is insecurity? Insecurity in the simplest form is the fear of how other people view you, whether that is outer appearance or inner. For this blog, we are going to focus on the outer.

Why are we so concerned with how we are viewed by society? Because society tells us that’s what we are supposed to be worried about. Doesn’t that reasoning seem a little flawed? I thought so too. Society wants us to dress, act, eat, and talk a certain way so that we conform to their ideal, but who’s opinion should we actually worry about? God’s. He gave everything, His life, just to have a relationship with us, and it is a slap in His face when we look to other’s opinions of ourselves instead of His because in the end, His will be the only opinion to worry about.

I am not saying it is going to be easy because I’ve been there, and I am by no means saying it is a bad thing to work on your outer appearance because it is God’s temple. For a long time though, the only opinions that I worried about were those of people around me, especially girls, because I thought I was worthless and unattractive. It has only been recently that I have been able to look past my own outer appearance to try and find Christ within myself and see what looks truly handsome to Him. This has allowed me to see Christ’s true beauty in others.

Insecurity is something that we have to fight together because as you let loose of your insecurities, you automatically give other people the right to do the same. Focus on how God would view you, for He looks at the inside of a person rather than the outside.

www.live31.org

No comments:

Post a Comment