Monday, December 31, 2012

Job Interviews & College Probs...



So as you know, I've been moving in to a new home. Now that I'm pretty much all settled in and kind of unpacked, I NEED TO FIND A JOB!
I've spent about 3 weeks looking, applying, following up, and following up again. I must admit I had forgotten how I hated this process! At my wonderful old job I was on the other side of things. And I have not missed being the one inquiring about open positions one bit. However on the bright side, this move has given me a chance to find a job outside of the restaurant world while I can. I don't have job officially yet, BUT I do FINALLY have a job interview at my local Starbucks this Monday! Praise the Lord! Surprisingly, they pay really well and have great benefits. Everyone raves about how well they treat their employees as well. And one of my dear friends and old classmates works at the same location I'm hoping to be hired for. So exciting! Another friend of mine said it would be a little like an alcoholic working at a liquor store though! haha. I'm a coffee addict!. . .especially Starbucks coffee! So pray this works out! I know I have no reason to worry with everything in God's hands. I'm just so extremely ready to get back to working again.

And this week I've had college on the brain A LOT. I'm graduating high school this year, and I really, really, really want to be attending Carson-Newman the Fall after I graduate. I want to major in nutrition so I can continue on to being a neonatal nutritionist and work with the precious patients of the NICU. But I don't have a dime for college and I'm not having much luck finding scholarships. So I've been looking into hospitals that do tuition reimbursement. Basically it's this thing they do where the hospital agrees to pay your college tuition and you agree to in return work for them for two to three years after graduation. It's a pretty sweet deal! But it's a HUGE commitment. I have no option to change major at any point along the way, and I would have to commit to a two year job all as a college freshman. These things don't bother me at all if this is God's will for me. So right now that is huge part of my prayer life. If this is His plan, then I need to begin the application process, somehow put aside $7,000 for the expenses not covered by the hospital, AND apply to the hospital to see if I even qualify for the program. It's crazy, confusing, and a little scary. However, it's all so exciting! The fear of the unknown is crushed out of existence by the mere fact of knowing who holds my future! Each step forward I get to take with confidence because I know who told me to take that step in the first place. With God as my guide, I may end up somewhere I never thought I'd be, but it's impossible to be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment