Tuesday, July 23, 2013

30 Days of Standing True

This summer I spent 30 days serving/interning with Stand True, a Prolife Outreach devoted to touching the lives of hurting women and men, while actively fighting to end abortion.

I lived in a little missionary apartment attached to the Stand True office in OH with six other missionaries/interns. During my stay we did mostly local work, minutes from wear I was born, and also took a 16 hour road trip to Dallas, TX for the 2013 National Right to Life Convention.
While in OH, we were in the office doing everything from filling orders and keeping up on Stand True's social media to cleaning the bathrooms and making dinner. We also did lots of sidewalk chalking around town, and praying at the abortion mill. When in TX, the interns ran the Stand True booth spreading the word about the work being done.

I had always wanted to help in this area but never knew how. It's not always an easy thing to just jump into. At the beginning of this year I had a strong conviction about how I'm spending my season of singleness. I want to honor Him with these days and use the time He's given me to serve Him. But again, I faced the how, what, and where dilemma.

When I was writing a research paper on the abortion issue Junior year of high school, I had signed up for Stand True's email list. Last April God brought an email to my attention about this ministry and their need for summer interns. It sounded like the perfect opportunity to get involved in, but I didn't even consider it at first. I had commitments, and thought I couldn't just up and leave for 30 days. However, the minute I dismissed the idea the Lord put such an ache on my heart, and so many people I respected were encouraging me to pursue it. I knew the Lord was at work here. Long story short, after much prayer, within 24 hours of submitting my application I was on the phone with Bryan Kemper, founder of Stand True. He told me how he knew the Holy Spirit must be at work, because he had such a peace about my application. Those words meant so much, because at this point I had had such a distinct, overwhelming peace about pursing serving with Stand True, I knew it was the Lord. There was confirmation at every turn, it was amazing watching God lead and direct me daily.

Stand True didn't require I raise a certain amount of money to come and serve with them. However, Stand True is trying to run a ministry and still provide housing, food, water, power, and travel expenses for the six other missionaries/interns giving up their entire summer to serve with Stand True.
They would greatly appreciate any donations. Whether or not God puts it on your heart to give financially, they would love for you to commit to praying for the Stand True team and the work they are doing, as well as for the many people they cross paths with who are in need of our Savior's love and mercy. My stay at the Stand True office might be over for now, but the other missionaries/interns need your love and support. This ministry is doing amazing things to bring glory to the Lord as they fight to end abortion. Stand True became my other home. I learned so much from these wonderful people that have become amazing friends. I was given countless opportunities to serve, yet the entire time Stand True was constantly educating me and helping me grow. I have some wonderful memories with my Stand True family from my 30 days in OH that only God could of planned out. For a month I was with these guys almost 24/7! If we weren't working in the office together we were serving together, if we weren't serving together, we were hanging out together. There was lots of good conversations, late nights, laughter, fun, and tears. Please pray about joining the Stand True team this fall as an intern and/or becoming a financial supporter.

To find out more on Stand True, donate, or look into a Fall internship, check out their website, www.standtrue.com

Have a blessed rest of the week and remember, His will is a wonderful place to be. Abide in the Lord. Rejoice today!

Enjoy the few pictures I remembered to take during my summer internship with Stand True :)






No comments:

Post a Comment