Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My thoughts on Valentines Day...

Valentines Day. Single Awareness Day. The day we eat way too much chocolate. And us ladies. That is what I want to talk about tonight. Valentines day never bothered me. I've never been in a relationship, but that fact hasn't put me in a state of depression when February 14th rolls around. I never really thought about why this holiday has such a negative affect on single girls of the world, but not on me...until now.
To the world it's impossible, most if the time, to be single, happy, at peace, and content all at once. My guess is the women of this world who don't know Christ's love, are usually single and fearful, single and insecure, or single and all the above. Fearful of loneliness for the rest of their lives. Insecure about why their single. But when we are blessed with faithful love if our Savior, He enables us to live without fear. We know that even if we are single for the rest of our lives WE WILL NEVER BE ALONE! We know we are beautifully and wonderfully made in His image! And because of Him we can be content with where we are in life while we look forward to the future with hope in knowing its in His hands! So this Vale tines Day I'm not going to joke and pout about being single on Valentines Day. I'm going to celebrate a day of love! Love from my Savior, love from family, from friends, etc! I can look past the worlds version of Valentines Day and remind myself I am loved and forever will be loved.
"THREE THINGS WILL LAST FOREVER--FAITH, HOPE, ABD LOVE--AND THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE" 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment