Monday, December 31, 2012

Trust



When I was younger every morning my parents would ask me what God was teaching me, and 90% of the time my answer was "trust". It was my safe go-to answer since I figured He teaches us to trust throughout our whole lives. Little did I know that God would give me more opportunities than I can count to discover the reality of trust, and how deep of a trust I must have in my Heavenly Father in every season of life....especially this season. We're at a season of life that holds new responsibilities, decisions to make, and discovering to do. We're all not just growing up, but growing into who we are in Christ. We are discovering our unique identities and passions. We want to glorify God with how we live our life, our standards, and decisions...but we're on a journey to figuring out what those even are. We're becoming our own person. We've been under our loving parents' wings, but before we can fly off to our own destination, we have to trust God to provide the directions. This is where I am at least. I've reached a point where I can look back and see how much love and mercy God has had on me as He has molded me into a better person thus far, but I know it's only the beginning. The foundation has been layed, but now what's next. Figuring out our futures...no pressure....but really, no matter what everyone says, there is no need to have it all mapped out before you graduate high school. In my case I know exactly where I want to go to college, I know exactly what I'm passionate about studying, but only God can make these things a reality. There literally is no way for me to take a step further without His hand miraculously making a way...and as hard as that is, that's exactly how I like it. I want it to be of Him 100%. Then there's the whole relationship issue. A lot of my friends are in great commited relationships, sometimes it is tempting to wonder when my turn will come, and then I remind myself to chill I'm only about 18 stop thinking crazy! :) We're in a season of preparation. Lord willing whenever I do get married, I want to be able to know that I did everything in my power to glorify God during my season of signleness possible! Becuase marriage does change things and you glorify God differently in that season. Right now I have the time to give my time to others and learn about myself and who I am as a daughter of the King. Ladies don't take this time for granted! God may bring your man earlier than later in life, but for now learn to be completely at peace and content in the season we are in while we whole-heartedly look forward to that special season to come. I feel like my war with time and temptation has only just begun, but I love a good fight, especially when it's for a person that means so much to me (even though we haven't met yet lol). I want to be able to declare "I waited for you" with pride! I know that is only possible with our Savior's strength and mercy.
Basically our future is ahead of us & it's full of so many possibilties! And it's so exciting when left in His hands! I use to worry all the time, but God has opened my eyes to the reality that my life is not even in my control, it belongs to my Lord. Whether it's college, relationships, serving, etc. we must TRUST our Lord and know that He knows what's best and anything is possible. Of course this means our future may look NOTHING like we envisioned....BUT BETTER!

To remind myself daily where to put my trust, I've written on a small index card a few verses to carry around with me. I put "Trust the Lord with My Life..." at the top and below are the verses that follow. I encourage you to pick out your favorite verses that speak to you and do the same. It makes a lot of difference when feeling overwhelmed. If I get to that point I can pull out my index card of scriptures and God is true to His word when He says "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you" Psalm 55:22

"The Lord will work out His plans for my life -- for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever." Psalm 138:8

"All the days planned for me were written in Your book before I was one day old." Psalm 139:16

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

(This one's my fave!) "Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my TRUST in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." Pslam 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment