Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!!...A Look Back @ 2012

I can't wait for this year to begin!!! Lord willing, 2013 has graduation, the Bahamas, beach days, college, and more in store for me! I'm looking forward to a new year with new goals. I'm even looking forward to the growing pains this year will bring as I continue to discover my identity in Christ. Often times I think we forget God's reassurance in His Word. Some people have the mind set that it's when a new year comes that they have do-overs and a fresh start when really God promises NEW MERCIES EVERY MORNING! Each day is a fresh start full of His mercy and unfailing love! If that isn't hope to your ears I don't know what is!

Looking back on the year I've had....
God has taken me on a journey this past year. It was full of ups and downs and I'm appreciative of it all. I went to prom, visited my hometown on the beach, and left an amazing job in May. I'm so thankful for the people/friendships and many, many memories I have from working at Genghis Grill. It was a great season. I left my job there because we were moving to FL...but God had other plans. He took me and my family on a 3 month (all summer) ride of relying solely on His strength! We had no income and our rent was up in May, so we visited family and friends in three different states. We thought we had found a job in FL, only for the Lord to change our direction back to where we came from. Now we have income and are back in TN. That summer was crazy. I was emotionally drained yet spiritually recharging like never before! I learned so very much. I haven't learned it all and everything is still confusing, but it was a wake up call I needed. I had so many special moments with God. I felt His presence like never before. I had read a devotional that said sometimes God makes everything come to a screeching halt to remind us who is in control. That's exactly what my summer was. I was running full speed ahead and let my priorities get out of hand. Next thing I knew, it was summer and I had no job, classes were over, I was miles from all my friends, had no home, and my family had no income. Everything just vanished. The only thing left was my Lord. God literally made the time in my life for Him. He took everything away till all that was left was Him. It was hard, yet the best thing that happened this year. 
2012 has been the start of my senior year. I've lost special friends. Gained new friends. Went to seaworld. Discovered I love indoor rock climbing. Discovered a little more about who I am in Christ. Started working at Starbucks. Applied to college. Decided what I want to study(neonatal nutrition). Discovered what I'm passionate about and what breaks my heart. Confirmed I'm 5'5" and not 5'4". Returned to my natural hair color. Finally fulfilled my childhood dream of spending quality time in my Lord's presence on the shore of His beautiful ocean in the morning with the cold sand between my toes. And so much more happened that made 2012 special!....It's been a good year :)

My 2013 New Year's Resolution....
So I'm that crazy girl that always makes resolutions, but like the rest of us never actually keeps them! Well this time I've made a more personal and some what realistic set of goals for this year :)
  • Stick to a budget 
  • Make healthier choices
  • Read His Word cover to cover by 2014
  • Love more...esp. with my actions
  • Become a morning person...(ok this one isn't so realistic as I thought! lol)
  • Cook more
  • Purchase my car already! 
  • Start a bible study
  • Graduate!
  • Pray about ways God wants me to serve and glorify Him with this season of singleness vs. just living day to day
  • KEEP GOD AT #1 AT ALL TIMES!

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FULL OF GOD'S BLESSINGS AND MERCIES!

 End of the year confession time!...Nothing gets done the day I work on a blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment